GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

Is it GERD?

I suddenly just had the urge to go the bathroom and had a sharp pain shoot through my chest up to my neck. It was worse when I breathed deeply. It actually radiated to the back of my head. I went to the bathroom, everything was normal. I threw up because of the pain and I was a bit nauseous. It has now subsided but it scared pretty terribly. I've been diagnosed with IBS and GERD and have felt similar pain in my throat before.I have no headache, no problems breathing, no dizziness, no headache, I'm very coherent andcurrently trying to relax. I have not been diagnosed with any heart related problems. I'm 22, 121 lbs, fit, supposedly healthy (my doctor has said).

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

No way to know from your symptoms as it could be just about anything....best thing you can do is keep a journal of food you eat as well as bevs....if you smoke, drink alcohol etc....and then when you have  your symptoms....if it is related to what you eat it should be easily seen in keeping a record like this and help your Drs treat you.

Stress and our diet can affect our health....so keep track and let us know what you find out.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem