GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

What were your GERD symptoms and signs?

Persistent heartburn is the most common symptom of GERD.Heartburn is a burning pain in the center of the chest, behind the breastbone. It often starts in the upper abdomen and spreads up into the neck or throat.The pain can last as long as 2 hours.Heartburn is usually worse after eating.Lying down or bending over can bring on heartburn or make it worse.The pain usually does not start or get worse with physical activity.Heartburn is sometimes referred to as acid indigestion.Not everyone with GERD has heartburn.Other symptoms of GERD include:Regurgitation of bitter acid up into the throat while sleeping or bending overBitter taste in the mouthPersistent dry coughHoarseness (especially in the morning)Feeling of tightness in the throat, as if a piece of food is stuck thereTrouble swallowingSore throatWheezingNauseaPost-meal pain in the abdomenThe most common symptoms in children and infants are repeated vomiting, coughing, and other respiratory problems.
My doctor diagnosed my problem as GERD. My main problem is not so much heartburn but pressure when lying down mainly on my side. I also get a nasty taste in my mouth due to reflux. This happens most nights, but some nights are worse than others. I have found that not eating certain foods helpful as is not eating late in the day.
I developed severe acid reflux at the end of my second pregnancy.  I developed a chronic cough that was initially diagnosed as bronchitis but when I developed severe respiratory problems that sent me to the ER I sought a second opinion and was diagosed with severe acid reflux.  Since getting it under control I was also diagnosed with asthma and was hospitalized for severe pneumonia.  If I don't take my medication (Zantac) faithfully I start coughing, wheezing and having throat tightness.  I also have had a few episodes of regurgitation but mostly my reflux seems to manifest itself as respiratory symptoms and throat tightness but no heartburn.
I have had GERD for probably 15 years.  I have had good results with Prilosec for quite a few years.  Then a couple years ago I started feeling like there was  phlegm stuck in my throat with constant clearing and no results.  I went to see an allergist thinking it may be allergies or postnasal drip.  Sinuses perfectly clear.  Started taking double dose of omeprazole, no result.  I went back to the GI doc and had an endoscopy which was pretty normal.  He prescribed Dexilant which hasn't helped and caused diarrhea.  Went back to omeprazole 1x a day but still no relief from the throat clearing.  Just started Aciphex.  If that doesn't work may have to do the Bravo meter.  It is very frustrating.
I  ALWAYS HAVE THIS CHEST PAIN AT MY LEFT SIDE, BELOW MY ARMPIT, AFTER I EAT. IS THIS ALSO A SYMPTOM OF GERD?
coughing heartburn breathing problem and pain in the stomach
My GERD symptoms were a dry, irritant cough during first trimester of my 1st pregnancy followed by vomiting. I would occur at any time of the day. I never had heart burn, but there is usually a strange taste in my mouth.
I was diagnosed with acid reflex disease some time ago. I controlled it with an over the counter medicine, life was good.  I just had a bout with diverticulitis.  And now I am having a bad case of nausea all the time. An endoscopy was performed and the Doc put me on Raglan and the nausea still persists. I am wondering why my acid reflex condition has worsen since the diverticulitis. I have no heart burn or any other symptoms except nausea.
DOSE ANY ONE KNOW IF THIS IS LIFE THREATING?????
symptoms of coughing and then choking     signs of itchy throat flowed by nasal fluids draining into the throat causing severe choking and coughing feeling of strangulation
I have a nasty burning taste in mouth resulting in sore throat and sore inside ears.
I have probably had this for about 25 yrs since college (or maybe my whole life?). I used to vomit up food soon after eating, my stomach burned and I had a feeling of something stuck in my throat all the time. My doc at the time thought it was college stress but it finally got better after about a year on Pepcid. I've been on Pepcid off and on all those years for similar symptoms.
I started about 8 weeks ago with a constricted throat, sore neck, Feels quite sore and inflamed when I swallow all the way down. I feel quite ill and weak in general. I was prescribed Omeprazole although they havent made much difference to my symptoms. I havent seen an ENT doctor yet. I assume its GERD, could it be something else?
I have been diagnosed with acid reflux 3 years ago. I get at tight feeling in my throat, as if there is a lump there sometimes.  I have pain in the back of my neck. I also have belching, stomach pain, nausea and a burning feeling in my esophagus. This time I also have pain in my right shoulder blade and across my back. I have always loved food and now I'm scared of it.
i have feeling, of food in my throat.Burp quite often also on many many med but have been am taking prevacid 15 mg have been for some time  have been diagnosed with Gerd should I be concerned?
i had these problems , chest pain ,pain in ears,coughing dizziness numbness,astorted vision ,sexual problems,nerve damages  ect................
I started having symptoms December of 2011 and tried over the counter drugs (Zantac and Prilosec) and neither worked.  I saw my doctor and was put on Nexium, which has worked well until recently.  I had an endoscopy done and nothing was found. An hour after I finish eating, I feel like something is stuck in my throat.  I have some belching and some belching with a sour liquid back-up.  I sleep with my head raised and watch my diet, avoiding foods that attract it.  I just learned that Advil can bring it on and I have been taking that regularly, so I guess I'll drop that.  I heard that green tea is very helpful and I'm going to give that a try.
I have acid reflux disease for 1.5 yrs.  I take Zantac and Protonix.  I have a lot of mucus in my throat.  I use an inhaler twice daily to help control the mucus and I take Allegra D.  I keep having bouts of feeling like something is stuck in my throat.  In the morning I have gurgling in my throat.  I don't want to take these meds the rest of my life but everything time I try to cut back I get sick.  I have not experienced vomiting & my esophagus is not damaged.  I avoid all foods that you are supposed to.
My acid reflux was as bad as it gets for many years. I woke up choking on food many times. My throat always felt burnt up. Tried medications. Tried different eating schedules. Tried figuring out which foods to avoid and so on. I now eat whatever I want, whenever I want and no longer have acid reflux at all..and I mean never..not even a short burn...I now eat one RED APPLE followed by a DRINK OF WATER just BEFORE I CRAWL IN BED. Not apple cider vinegar..just a red apple and a drink of water. I don't dare change what or when. Bonus: I also now experience a very deep, very restful sleep EVERY night..Remember if you try it..don't change what or when.
Like I have something stuck in my throat and I can not get it down alone wth acid reflux
I have been in and out of hospital with chest pain I was given aspirin and ibuprofen which aggravated my reflux. I'm suffering now with intense pain across my back and breathlessness as I have had mega tests for heart problems. It is the GERD annoying me.
I started belching first then losing weight fast. I wouldn't eat for days. I've been dealing with GERD for about eight years now.
I was diagnosed with GERD about 2 months ago. My symptoms included heart burn that would disrupt sleep, feeling something stuck in my throat and frequent burping after meals. My doctor told me to stay away from spicy, greasy and caffeinated food. I obliged. Additionally, I started eating smaller portions of less greasy, unfried food, more yogurt and frequent yogurt drinks throughout the day, as well as earlier dinners. I started sleeping on two pillows, and took a supplement called Pancreatin. It took about two weeks but all my symptoms started to diminish. I got tested and was diagnosed to have H-pylori bacteria.
Alka Seltzer works well, as my heart doctor told me. If I wake at night with it I take a extra strength Alka Seltzer.
STOP GETTING RIPPED OFF! LEARN THE SHOCKING TRUTH ABOUT ACID REFLUX, HEARTBURN, DRUGS AND ANTACIDS... To get the FACTS on exactly how to eliminate your acid reflux from the root 100% naturally and Permanently and achieve LASTING freedom from digestive disorders without spending your hard-earned money on drugs and over the counters...  Click Here --> http://adf.ly/MDtEq
2
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem