GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

recommendation for doctor?

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a gastroenterologist in South East Michigan that specialists in upper GI?  

I have Barret's Esophagus due to GERD, as well as a family history of stomach cancer.  Given that, I am monitored yearly with an EGD.  I'm looking for a new doctor because my current one specializes in lower GI, and I would feel more comfortable with someone that has extensive experience with upper GI issues.  During my appointments, he routinely dismisses any concerns I have and simply writes me a script instead of talking through issues, such as potential progression of Barrett's and the preventative actions I can take.

Can anyone recommend one?  Or perhaps even tell me the best way to find a good doc -- aside from randomly picking them from a list at a hospital?  

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give.

I had originally posted this in the Gastroenterology forum, but then I realized this forum also has a great number of posts about Barrett's.  I thought those of you here might have a recommendation or advice too.  I'm desperate to find a good doctor.

Jean
Everyone's situation and insurance is different... In  my case, when I needed another doctor for my Barrett's, etc when my specialist suddenly retired, I asked my primary care physician for recommendations.  At the same time, I asked my surgeon who did a Nissen Fundoplication procedure for me for his recommendations, and called the EGD doctor for the same.  One doctor was on all three of their lists, she accepted me and is now my Gastroenterology doctor.  
I'm no longer symptomatic with GERD since the surgery, other than burned vocal chords which won't go away.  I'm guessing GERD is an issue with you.  
Thanks for posting and best wishes.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem