HIV: Are you the risk factor? Community
42 Members

Very puzzled!

I know people couldn't get hiv from environmental surfaces.But I still have a problem.
When our hand,penis or foreskin have some new cuts,abrasions,scratches and wounds with bleeding,then the abrasions touch something(such as towels,sheets and clothes)that may be contaminated by some body liquids.Isn't it dangerous?
I also know  HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions.As a matter of fact,the reproduce of all viruses need special target cells.The conditions of reproduce are all very rigorous,especially HIV. But "unable to reproduce"isn't equivalent to lose infectivity.
But when people on chinese HIV fotums ask me why,I couldn't give the explainations.In China,there is a saying"Don't be afraid of 'what', be afraid of 'what if'",so many people feel tired.I just want to give people help,so I need help first.
The risk of getting HIV from surfaces is very low and almost nonexistent. Your open wounds must come into contact with the actual blood or body fluid in order to contract HIV. If you need some materials to help you understand HIV more, search the internet for "HIV facts".

God bless,
Hometownboy98
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.