HIV Prevention Community

HIV Testing

I was involved (had unprotected sex, vaginal) with a guy from October 2016 through the first week of January 2, 2017. We were not intimate anymore after January 2, 2017.  I went for complete STD check and I tested negative to everything and non-reactive to HIV on January 23, 2017. Should I test again for HIV? During the whole time period I was only sexually active with him. I am going over here worrying myself, need help please. Thank you!
COMMUNITY LEADER
OK, first of all, relax.  Most people don't have HIV, and he can't give you what he didn't have.  So overall, your chances of having HIV are quite low.

You did test too early for a conclusive result, though. The good news is that you can take ANY test right now and get a conclusive result.  That means that even an over-the-counter test like Oraquick will give you your result, and you won't need to test or worry anymore.
You have to wait for 28 days minimum with any test so your test didn't prove you were negative for the most recent encounters. You can take any test today and get a conclusive result.
Even though we were unprotected from October 2016 through January 2? I still have to wait 28 days?
No, that's not what he meant.  28 days after your LAST unprotected sex, which for you is any time now.  You only waited 2 weeks before testing.  Just test ASAP so you can put this behind you.
I just finished the Oracheck and it came back negative!
Oraquick!
Sweet!  You are definitely negative for HIV.  You can forget about this relationship and move on.  You certainly don't have HIV.
Thank you for helping to ease my worry and the quick solution to my madness. You rock!