Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

HIV rash, NO fever?

Hi everyone! I desperately need some help!
I am a 35 years old gay man and 1 month ago I had sex with another man, whose HIV status is unknown. We did not have anal sex, but he ejaculated on the outside area of my anus (not inside, as there was no penetration).
It's been 14 days now that I developed a very severe skin rash all over my body (except for the face, neck, palms and soles). It started on my arms, legs (especially in the thighs) and back of the hands. A week later it appeared on my stomach, chest and back of the feet. At the beginning it was very itchy. Now looks like it's healing and it's leaving dark acne-like scars.
I have had NO fever, NO flu-like symptoms of any sort, NO lymph nodes, NO muscular or joints ache, NO sore throat.
Could it be ARS?
Thanks a lot!!! And forgive my bad English. I'm form Argentina.
2 Responses
From what I read if no unprotected penetration occurred there is no risk. Also the rash of ARS usually does not itch and occurs as a cluster of symptoms . If no other unprotected exposures occurred you should be fine. Siempre usa condones
Thank you very much for your answer!
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.