HIV Prevention Community

HIV-related maculopaper rash

Hi, around mid-August, I noticed a small red pimple under my right breast. A couple of weeks later, it developed in to a round-shaped ringworm looking rash. It began to itch. I started to put Cortizone 10 cream on it, but it didn't help much. On October 10th, I went to the dermatologist. Where the original site of the bump-turned- rash began, the dermatologist stated that it had "lichen plaques" there, and around it was a localized maculopapular rash. It is itchy and red, and has spreaded (bigger oval shaped rash). It's been over 2 months now and it's still there.  My dermatologist thinks it could be an allergic reaction to something, and took a biopsy. I'm waiting for the results. I also took an HIV test (I had an unprotected vaginal sexual encounter  4 weeks ago), but my results have not come back yet. I have no other symptoms. Could this be HIV-related? Any insight you can provide would be helpful. Thanks!
I doubt it's HIV related if you had it for 2 months and only had a possible exposure to HIV 4 weeks ago.
Hi laxus2012. Thanks for responding, that was a typo. I had  an unprotected sexual encounter 4 MONTHS ago. Sorry!
Is your assessment still the same? Im freaking out...
symptoms are not a good indicator of HIV. since you did have an exposure and have ready been tested, you just have to wait for your results now. with that being said, your chances from a one time encounter are low.