HIV Prevention Community
53k Members

HIV testing is it conclusive having symptoms

I had a sex encounter with a sex worker 18 months back. I used a condom for the same but I did not see if the condom broke at the end of the encounter. I had forgotten the episode as i had no symptoms.

Now the following thing is driving me crazy. My wife developed a bout of fever, sore throat and rash 6 months back. The rash appeared on the 3rd day of fever and lasted 2 days. She also had muscle and joint pains for the last 6 months.

Now almost after a year she has started getting tingling pains in here hands , legs and body.

Now I have develeoped burning and whiteness feeling in my tongue for the last two months

I have done 2 HIV ELISA test in well known hospital and 1 rapid test in India post 18 months after exposure and the result have come back negative for these tests.

1) Are my tests conclusive ?? Do I need further testing ?

2) Are My wife symptoms neural pain now and the above fever in the past are related /linked to my exposure ? She is monogamous

3) Have I contracted HIV and transmitted to her ???

Please advise as this is the only encounter I had outside marriage and very scared
I think there is no risk as ur test results r negative
Appreciate if one of the experts can throw light on my symptoms as I am scared
You have tested 3 months after the event, and came back negative. You haven't contracted HIV.
What about all the symptoms