HIV Prevention Community

New HIV Acute Test

Hello guys,

I went to an STD clinic in Brooklyn, NY a few weeks ago to test for HIV after I had unprotected sex 6 weeks prior.  I was given a rapid finger test, which was negative and was also drawn blood from my vein for what they said was a new HIV test offered, called "Acute HIV Test"  They mentioned that a window period of this test is about 3 weeks.  They said that this is a very new and expensive test.  The results were ready today, two weeks later and they were negative.  I called a hotline and double-checked.  They said that after 6 weeks this test is 100% accurate.  Awesome.   I am just a bit worried that I can't find any info about this test online.  Did you guys hear anything about it?  I would imagine that NY department of Health is pretty conservative and wouldn't be telling things if they weren't 100 proof to people.
3 months is still the guidelines.
What is the name of the test thay YOU say is conclusive at 6 weeks? Don't come on this forum and give this kind of information saying someone said this or that. What is the name of the so called NEW test. I don't have any new test approvals other than what has been located on the FDA website and the Federal Registar and none have been given approval to  give a conclusive negative test result earlier than 3 months.  
Why are you being rude to me?  I am stating what I have been told by counselors at NYC  std testing clinic.  I don't care about what you have.  I am just relaying what I have been told.  And by the way, the window period they are quoting is 3 weeks, not six.  The name of the test is "Acute HIV Test"  Call this number 1-877-364-8191.  This is New York City Std testing number.   And be a little more mature about your answers in the future.
There is no approved test that will give a conclusive result earlier than 3 months.
Why would a respected City-owned testing facility be telling lies?  I don't understand it.  This is not some private doctor, this is a free NYC std testing facility.  The number I provided leads straight to them.  Call it and speak to them.
They don't manufacture the tests or give the approvals for the tests. Until the manufactures and the FDA says different the guidelines is 3 months.