CRAVING CRAZY

What can I do about by cravings for fried food and potato chips...!!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
Once a week allow yourself to indulge---  go for baked chips though to cut down on the 'bad for you' part as much as possible.  I find that if I allow myself small portions of a craved item once a week . . .  I stop obsessing over not having it the rest of the week.

Also, have go to things when you begin a craving.  Go for a walk instead.  Eat a piece of fruit.  Realize it is just your mind and you have control over it.

good luck
Helpful - 0
Recently was introduced to seasoned seaweed. Its got the crunch, flavor, and it good for you. My kids even liked it.
Helpful - 0
If you happen to have the thyroid disease called Hashimoto's, watch seaweed because much of if has high levels of iodine, which is contraindicated with Hashimoto's.
Helpful - 0
Eat healthier versions of chips like kale chips
Helpful - 0
Air popped popcorn or even regular popcorn is full of fibre and as long as you don't use a lot of oil or butter, it's actually quite good for you. I'm obsessed with potato chips (or as we say in ireland, crisps) and I find that popcorn and salt always eases the craving, you've got the crunch and the flavour so it tastes the same only it's better for you. There's so many different topping you can use as well, just look up popcorn toppings and you'll get a series of great ideas. Avoid microwave popcorn though, they use a lot of chemicals than are bad for your body.
Helpful - 0
Kale chips - spread them in a pan sprinkle a little olive oil and salt and cook bake until crunchy (15 min) give or take. Also good with yeast salt...it helps with my potato chips cravings.

As for fried foods...I would also like to know how to curb that craving!!
Helpful - 0
wasabi flavors peanuts are great. but still have a hard time ignoring the hot deli section at the store. KFC will always call to me. but having little money makes a great diet aid.. lol!

Go Hawks!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community