Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

CRAVING CRAZY

What can I do about by cravings for fried food and potato chips...!!!
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
973741 tn?1342342773
COMMUNITY LEADER
Once a week allow yourself to indulge---  go for baked chips though to cut down on the 'bad for you' part as much as possible.  I find that if I allow myself small portions of a craved item once a week . . .  I stop obsessing over not having it the rest of the week.

Also, have go to things when you begin a craving.  Go for a walk instead.  Eat a piece of fruit.  Realize it is just your mind and you have control over it.

good luck
Helpful - 0
Recently was introduced to seasoned seaweed. Its got the crunch, flavor, and it good for you. My kids even liked it.
Helpful - 0
649848 tn?1534633700
If you happen to have the thyroid disease called Hashimoto's, watch seaweed because much of if has high levels of iodine, which is contraindicated with Hashimoto's.
Helpful - 0
Eat healthier versions of chips like kale chips
Helpful - 0
Air popped popcorn or even regular popcorn is full of fibre and as long as you don't use a lot of oil or butter, it's actually quite good for you. I'm obsessed with potato chips (or as we say in ireland, crisps) and I find that popcorn and salt always eases the craving, you've got the crunch and the flavour so it tastes the same only it's better for you. There's so many different topping you can use as well, just look up popcorn toppings and you'll get a series of great ideas. Avoid microwave popcorn though, they use a lot of chemicals than are bad for your body.
Helpful - 0
Kale chips - spread them in a pan sprinkle a little olive oil and salt and cook bake until crunchy (15 min) give or take. Also good with yeast salt...it helps with my potato chips cravings.

As for fried foods...I would also like to know how to curb that craving!!
Helpful - 0
wasabi flavors peanuts are great. but still have a hard time ignoring the hot deli section at the store. KFC will always call to me. but having little money makes a great diet aid.. lol!

Go Hawks!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.