Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
172023 tn?1334672284

Ginger Scallops and Baked Eggrolls.

These are from the show JUST COOK THIS.  I like the host, but I can't remember his name.  He's funny.  I think its on Discovery.

Ginger Scallops

12 large scallops (about 1 pound)
2 T butter
2 T fresh ginger, finely chopped
2 T green onions, finely chopped
Olive oil
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste

Mix butter, ginger and green onion.  heat a nonstick pan on high, then add 1 T oil.

When almost smoking, add half the scallops and sear for 1-2 min each side, until nicely browned.  When ALMOST finished browning, put half the ginger butter in the pan and toss the scallops until all are coated and serve.

Cook the remaining half of the scallops the same way.

(I don't know why it says to cook half and serve, then cook the other half.  It just does).

---------------------------------------------------

Easy Chicken Spring rolls

8 oz cooked chicken, shredded (I got a deli chicken)
4 oz ready mixed coleslaw, the bagged kind.
2 T of your fave spicy Asian stir fry sauce
10 large (7 in) egg roll wrappers
sesame seeds
1 T peanut oil

Heat a wok until almost smoking, then add oil.  Add coleslaw and chicken, stir fry for about 30 seconds, then add 2 T of the stir fry sauce.  Mix thoroughly and remove from heat.  Let cool a little.

Place one wrapper on a clean surface, with a corner pointing at you.  Put 1/10th of the filling in the center of the wrapper.  Fold the point nearest you, up to cover the filling.  Then fold in the two sides, and finish by rolling away from you and moisten the very end corner with a dab of water to help it stick.  Continue like this with the other 9 wrappers.

Brush tops very lightly with oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake at 350 until lightly browned.  Serve with extra sauce, or simply soy sauce, for dipping.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
483733 tn?1326798446
Did you enjoy?  Do the egg rolls get crispy?  Sounds wonderful!
Helpful - 0
sounds SO good!
Helpful - 0
172023 tn?1334672284
Nutrition info:

For the scallops:

I figure it serves 3.  Four, if you are normal people, which we are not.

246 cals
13 gms fat
4.9 gms carbs
0.2 gms fiber
25.6 gms protein

and the eggrolls:

60 cals per roll
2.4 gms fat
3.3 gms carb
6.1 gms protein
0.5 gms fiber
Helpful - 0
172023 tn?1334672284
The eggrolls were the star.  I'd make them again in a heartbeat, and be more adventurous with the fillings.

The scallops were not as good as they sounded.  I don't think you'd really have to count all the calories, because most of the buttery sauce did not go on the scallops, it was left in the pan.
They just didn't have much taste.

But the eggrolls were a winner, hands down.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.