Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
483733 tn?1326798446

What's the best thing you ever ate made with walnuts?

What is the best (and hopefully healthy) thing you ever ate made with walnuts?  Share some recipes if you can.
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
621085 tn?1614300231
I have to say that the Zucchini Cookies I made a couple of weeks a go with whole wheat flour were pretty good. I added walnuts and raisins along with the zucchini. I don't care for walnuts as much as I do pecans but they would be a waste in a cookie like this. Walnuts are cheaper and a good way to increase your protein, fiber and omega-3's. They are good in hot cereal, salads, and baked goods. As for them alone, they are not my favorite nut. I like cashews, peanuts, pecans and almonds.
Helpful - 0
483733 tn?1326798446
Walnuts in a salad are good.  Sometimes I candy them and add to a salad of arugula, sliced strawberries or pomegranate seeds, sliced peppers, crumbled soft goat cheese dressed with a vinaigrette of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard and a dab of honey.  My absolute favorite salad!

Of course there is always baklava!!
Helpful - 0
535822 tn?1443976780
oohhho yes I love walnuts I eat them by the handful, but I like some feta cheese with them, salads are a must  for walnuts ,I have noted the above salad trudie I love those ingredients ....
Helpful - 0
389974 tn?1331015242
Apples just seem to go with walnuts, for some reason.
Helpful - 0
101028 tn?1419603004
I love having spiced or candied walnuts on salad - just adds a little zing to it!

I think I love walnuts best in carrot cake though....he he he
Helpful - 0
483733 tn?1326798446
And a brownie isn't a brownie without walnuts!
Helpful - 0
134578 tn?1642048000
Apple salad with walnuts, unfortunately the dressing for this salad being whipped cream does not exactly make it the healthiest recipe around.  

Saltines with grated cheddar on them and walnuts sprinkled on top, grilled under the broiler for a few minutes.  Again, these are reeking of health, yes?  But my son (aged 3, so he does not have arterial disease yet) loves them, and they really are delicious.  

Chocolate coconut chewies (the bars you make with a graham cracker crust, walnuts, chocolate chips, and coconut flakes, held together by sweetened condensed milk and baked, then cut into bars) are the world's best.  Also the highest calorie cookie I know how to make.  Possibly deep-fried Snickers bars would top it, but not by much.
Helpful - 0
168348 tn?1379357075
Boo hooooooooo... walnuts don't agree with me.  I get sores on my tongue from them so always stay away.  But, I Love them!
Helpful - 0
Fruit salad is good walnuts.
Helpful - 0
389974 tn?1331015242
Swampy makes a cilantro pesto with walnuts. It works out well.
Helpful - 0
Yogurt is a good substitute for whipped cream or mayonnaise in apple/Waldorf salad.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.