healthy lunches and snacks? also, protinis?

I know it's kind of unusual for someone my age to want to lose weight but I felt like I need to. does anybody have any recipes for healthy snacks I could pack in my lunch? or meals? or even just healthy snacks or meals I could buy at the store? also, I was wondering if protinins (or whatever they're called) are good because I was hesitating to put them in my lunch.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Banana Walnut Oat Bars (Vegan, Sugar-free & Oil-free)

Ingredients:
    3 cups quick cooking oats
    1 1/2 cups of mashed overripe bananas
    1/2 cup walnuts
    1/4 cup ground flaxseed
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 tsp salt

Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.

Combine mashed banana ground flaxseeds, water and salt in a big bowl, stir well. Add the oats and mix everything. Fold it into a greased (with coconut oil) shallow baking tray, spread and press well with you fingers.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes.

Cut it into squares, re arrange it on a cookie sheet upside down. Put it back into the oven and bake it for another 15 minutes. Turn the pieces over and bake for another 5 minutes for both the sides to be nice and brown.

Let it cool completely and store it in an air tight container for up to a week.
Source: chinmayie
Helpful - 0
Whether you need to lose weight is something you should discuss with your family and physician.  But eating healthy never hurts.  Yogurt is good (as mentioned above), you can throw in some honey and/or fruits and granola.  Make sure you have a varied diet to get all the nutrients you need.  Stay hydrated (avoid soda and drinks with a lot of sugar).  You'll feel better inside and out.
Helpful - 0
Myhre best things for snacks would be apples and yogurt!!
Helpful - 0
age 12.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community