Heart Disease Community

Safety of metoprolol

I am 38 year old.I was diagnosed of high BP(170/105mm/hg). I was prescrbed metoprolol 50mg and amlodipine 5mg. I have been taking this medine for a year. I have been regularly checking my BP ever since. It comes to 130/75mm/hg within a month. But Still I am taking the same dosage.

My worry is : Is metoprolol and amlodipine safe to take?Since I am 38 only what would be its long term effects. That is taking the drug for over 30 years? Finally whether the dosage may be changed? Please help.
  I can't answe3r either of your questions but I did read a thread all about Metoprolol on this forum within the last three months, you'll hav to find it your self.  Maybe that thread can answer other questions about this medication(?).
I particularly notice difficulty with speaking, searching for simple words, or names, some tiredness.  Also, since beginning Metoprolol Tart, 50 mg.(probably 4 years ago) taken 2 times daily, I  have had three episodes of severe nausea with vomiting coming on suddenly.  When I went to ER my bp was in the area of 190/105.  Most recent episode in mid-March.  Fine the next day except for mild tiredness.  ER doctors have diagnosed as either an anxiety attack, or most recently, Vertigo.  B.P. is brought back to normal ranges over a 2 or 3 hour period.   Could this be related to the Metoprolol?  I am somewhat sensitive to other medications. Doctor has also presribed Hydrochlorot, 25 mg, Triam/HCTZ 37.5-25, Amlodipine, 5 mg.  Each of these are taken 1 x daily. Other medications include Zetia for elevated cholesteral and Naproxen for severe osteoarthritis.  
I note on side effects that vomiting is listed but not how often.  Has anyone experienced similiar episodes.  Pat M.