WELCOME TO THE HEART DISEASE FORUM!
Were you recently diagnosed with heart disease? Are you worried about your cholesterol levels? Scheduled for surgery, tests, procedures or appointments? Feeling overwhelmed, frightened and/or confused? Do you need information on caring for a loved one with heart disease? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you have found the right place!
The Heart Disease forum is comprised of a group of people who share an interest in learning more about heart disease. The forum covers an array of topics including: CAD, CHF, diabetes, hypertension, bypass, angioplasty, valve surgery, procedures, tests, medications, post surgical expectations, and much more. If your concerns are heart related, chances are we can help.
Some of our members have been living with heart disease for many years while others are new to cardiology waiting rooms. Regardless of what brings you here, welcome! Here are a few suggestions for making the most of your visits.
1) Be sure to check out the "Health Pages." The link is in the upper right hand corner of your screen. “Health Pages” address topics relevant to cardiology. Among the pages is list of common cardiology acronyms, a great resource!
2) Please join the community. Once you have had a chance to look around, why not create a profile and tell us a little about yourself? Your profile can be as simple or as complex as you like. In any event, you will meet people from around the globe! You will have the opportunity to learn from others who share your concerns.
3) Consider posting on a current thread or staring one of your own. Don’t worry - you’ll get the hang of it very quickly. You’ll find that you will want to come back often to check up on your new friends. If you’ve got something on your mind, please don’t be shy. There are no dumb questions and we are all here to learn.**
4) Get acquainted with other members. There are several ways to “Add a friend” but one of the easiest is to scroll over the member’s name and click on “Add a friend”.
5) Consider keeping a journal. Your journal can be private, public, or available only to those people you have added as a friend. Journals are a great way to share your story, frustrations, experiences, history, etc. You will probably find there are others who can relate to your story.
6) Want to speak privately to another member? Send a private message (PM) by scrolling over the member’s name and clicking on “Send Message”.
7) Only have a minute and want to welcome a member, or send good luck wishes? Scroll over the member’s name and click on “send a note.” Unlike PMs, everyone can view “Notes”.
8) Once you’ve created a profile, click on “My MedHelp” (indicated by a little red heart at the top of your screen) and check out the many great features and setting options.
9) Lastly, we would like to point you to the new ‘Cholesterol and Blood Pressure trackers. You can add them to your profile by clicking on here and scrolling down to our Tracker Gallery: http://www.medhelp.org/health_tools
; Keeping track of your cholesterol and blood pressure is a great start to managing your heart health!!
Please do not hijack another member’s thread. If your comments are relevant with the current discussion, post away. If you have a new topic of interest, please begin a new post.
We are so glad you are here! We would love to have you join our community! Pull up a chair, get comfortable and get ready to meet a great bunch of people!
We invite our current members to welcome our new members as well as those who are lurking. Won’t you share your story and let others know how the forums have helped you.
Your Community Leader