Hepatitis C Community

Hep C and pregnancy

Hello. I am a 27 year old male, and I am just married. I want to have children with my wife, but I don't know if my Hep C can go in my wife and then in my child.    
Hep C is blood to blood contact so the risk of infecting your wife is very low, you will find many of us here that have been married for many years and our spouses are not infected. I have been married almost 30 years and my wife is clear of it.

As long as your wife is clear then there is no way to infect your child. though you should find a good hepatologist and find out how your liver is and begin a plan on getting rid of it. Plus put your mind at ease.

welcome here, you will find many here to answer any questions you have......... Best to you and your new wife.

cando
Thanks Cando.
Cando is right for the majority of cases... unfortunately I DID catch hep c from my ex. Make sure your wife never uses your toothbrush, or razor. Hopefully you aren't a violent man. I think I got mine from busted lips, and my biting to get back at him. I know this sounds horrible, but domestic violence is becoming so common these days, and men don't talk about it, so I had to say it "just in case".

Diane
I did have 3 kids that are fine though.
Diane, I want sincerely thanks you for your advices. Domestic violence is terrible. I am sorry.
That was my "past life". Don't be sorry for me because now I'm in a wonderful marriage. Be sorry for the people you know who are going through it now, and help them all you can... it is really HARD to get out of that kind of a relationship and very few outsiders understand that.