Herpes Varicella (Chickenpox)

I had a severe case of chickenpox when I was sixteen.  I was told by my doctor that most of my lesions were internal, and I had a fever that ranged between 104 to 106.5F for eight days before it finally dropped down to about 101F for another week.  

Am I nuts to think this may have permanantly damaged my immune system?  Before I had this, I was the kid with perfect attendance who never got sick.  Afterwards, it seems like every cold or virus out there gets me, and it takes me a really long time to recover.  

I'm in my 30s now, and really tired of catching everything that comes along.  Is there anything I can do to boost my immunity?  I wash my hands all the time, (to the point that I get raw skin!), I take a regular multivitimin, I have tried echinacea, noni juice, you name it.
The chicken pox you had as a teen has no reflection on why you are getting sick now. In fact one can even argue that because you weren't really sick a lot as a child is why you are catching everything that comes round the corner near you now.

grace

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.