Herpes Community

Herpes Varicella (Chickenpox)

I had a severe case of chickenpox when I was sixteen.  I was told by my doctor that most of my lesions were internal, and I had a fever that ranged between 104 to 106.5F for eight days before it finally dropped down to about 101F for another week.  

Am I nuts to think this may have permanantly damaged my immune system?  Before I had this, I was the kid with perfect attendance who never got sick.  Afterwards, it seems like every cold or virus out there gets me, and it takes me a really long time to recover.  

I'm in my 30s now, and really tired of catching everything that comes along.  Is there anything I can do to boost my immunity?  I wash my hands all the time, (to the point that I get raw skin!), I take a regular multivitimin, I have tried echinacea, noni juice, you name it.
The chicken pox you had as a teen has no reflection on why you are getting sick now. In fact one can even argue that because you weren't really sick a lot as a child is why you are catching everything that comes round the corner near you now.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.