High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
834 Members

Atorvastatin

Hi...Is Atorvastatin helps to lower High Blood Pressure? I started taking this 3 weeks ago after my doctor prescribed me this because of high level of cholesterol (290). My normal blood pressure before taking this medicine was 130-140/90...but when I started taking Atorvastatin may BP went down to 115-120/80. I dont know if it is bacause of this medicine or because I also started a change of lifestyle like regular exercise, fruits and vegetable diet, avoiding fatty foods and carbs. Just want to know if my new lifestyle is taking effect...THANK YOU VERY MUCH
There is no evidence to date that Lipitor or any of the statins lower BP.

Most likely you are experiencing the benefits of your life style changes. Congrats!