A
A
A
Close
High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
852 Members
7013001 tn?1400982602

Blood PressurIe Spikes

My blood pressure is controlled with three different blood pressure meds and really it's to low most of the time which I keep telling my cardiologist but he feels the 3 of them serve a purpose. So I'm currently taking Nadolol 40mg for SVT/PVCS, Lisinopril 2.5 mg & a diuretic 25mg which usually gives me a reading everyday from 100-120 over 55-65. But since my daughter was born in 21 months ago I keep having these blood pressure spikes out of nowhere. I could just be sitting on the couch and will feel this nauseated cold/hot flushing feeling come over me like I was going to be sick. My head will start throbbing and I get very anxious. Once I take my blood pressure it's 150-160 over 95-105. This will only last for a few minutes and once my blood pressure starts to drop I begin to get extremely cold and shake. I have been told this is related to my SVT but this feels nothing like my SVT which I only get once in a blue moon because my pulse is normal and I feel a normal sinus rhythm. Has anyone ever had this issue? I did have a normal abdomen CT and nothing was found in my 24 urine output.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi, blood pressure fluctuations can occur as you are on multiple medications. If it drops you may have postural hypotension. The recommended goal for systolic pressure is less than 140 mm Hg. While adjusting the dosage of medications for this, your diastolic pressure should not be reduced to less than 70 mm Hg in trying to reach your target systolic pressure. You can try lifestyle changes like don't add additional salt in your diet, exercise regularly and practice relaxation techniques to lower your stress levels. And see if this helps. Regards.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.