A
A
A
Close
Hypertension Community
887 Members

HyperTension at age of 29 - 150/100

Hi All,

I have been suffering form Hypertension for Past 3 months .I feel giddiness .  I went to cardiologist and When I was diagnosed , I had BP around 160/110 and Pulse rate 93 BPM. I took ECG and reading was normal. I gave all the blood test which Includes Kidney profile, Glucose & LDL & HDL. Everything is normal.

My doctor prescribed me telmisartan 40 Mg . I took that for one month and later revisited same doctor. Pressure was around 150/100 again. So doctor prescribed me telmisartan hydrochlorothiazide - 40mg tablets.

Last month I felt severe giddiness and visited another doctor. She measured BP and it was around 140/90 and she told me that because of elmisartan hydrochlorothiazide tablets , I'm getting giddiness. She changed the tablet to Losartan 50 mg .
Still I face minor giddiness and pressure was not reduced.

My questions are
1) Why I got Hypertension at this age even though all my blood results are normal. Is it stress related

2) Should I Take medicines for Life Long?

3) Eventhough after taking medicines also , my BP never come to 120/80 ? What is the reason?

Thanks
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
How are you? Hypertension, a chronic medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is elevated, can be classified as either primary (essential) or secondary. Majority of cases are termed primary hypertension, which refers to high BP for which no medical cause can be found while secondary hypertension are caused by other conditions that affect the kidneys, arteries, heart, or endocrine system. In your case, normal diagnostic results suggests you have primary or essential hypertension. Stress may be contributory as well as genetics. Low salt diet as well as regular exercise may help.  Medications, taken as prescribed, also help in improving BP control and decrease the risk of associated health complications such as stroke. Regular blood pressure monitoring and regular follow-up are highly recommended. Take care and do keep us posted.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.