Infectious Diseases Community
1.79k Members
Avatar universal

breast infection?

Hello, looking for help

About 10 years ago I found a lump  on right breast, and had a biopsy performed, after the biopsy I had puss that would leak through the stiches and for a few years after this became very painfull, I went back a had surgery they removed all the ducts from that breast and that didn't help either, I completed a second biopsy and that showed nothing.

Now I struggle to just live day to day without extreme pain, this lump will grow and grow and then pop with puss and blood, I don't want to be cut open again as my breast has been mangled due to being cut open 4 times, not sure where to turn but will travel anywhere to find a specialist...

looking for advice...thanks
2 Responses
1415174 tn?1453246703
Have they performed a culture on the pus or fluid from the area? Do they know what bacteria is causing the problem? Usually, Staphyloccus aureus causes boils, and things of this nature. Have you gone to an infectious disease specialist?
10389859 tn?1409925468
In addition to what Mkh9 posted, you may also want to see a Breast Specialist (usually a female surgeon who specializes in breasts and tends to be more gentle).
Have an Answer?
Top Infectious Diseases Answerers
1415174 tn?1453246703
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste
Fend off colds and the flu with these disease-fighting foods