Aa
A
A
A
Close

Infectious Diseases Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases, such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Chicken Pox, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne Illnesses, Meningitis, C Diff, Rabies and other Infectious Disease
1 - 20 (of 3099) questions
Two months back I was in the ER with fever and high heart rate, my blood work came back and my WBC was in range but my Neutrophil% was lo...
My little sister(shes 2) has phneumonia. She hates the medicine she has to take and the only thing she does is lay down and sleep and she...
So, i've been a member of this sight for a while and have received a good amount of insight into chances of contracting HIV through low r...
So about 6 months ago I started to develop a low grade fever that has persisted this whole time. I have had random weird rashes, intense ...
Component results COMPONENT YOUR VALUE EBV nuc IgG, Ser, Ql, EIA POSITIVE EBV VCAIgG, eia ...
Actually one of my friend was bitten by dog on 9th of August and on 20th of August I went his home to meet him. But I didn't notice where...
It's here. My son's soccer team had four kids out last week due to 'it' (you know, sore throat, congestion, cough). Since viruses are t...
So, what do you think? Back in the day when I was more involved in the medical world, the big fear with the flu wasn't so much the actua...
So a about 2 weeks ago I let my dog out before bedtime. He took off to the back of the yard and I heard him growling and making noises (l...
I’m an American female 29yo. Had sex with a new partner unprotected and before our encounter we had both tested negative for all STDs. Ho...
I had scarlet fever as a child in the mid 70s, I was very sick for a long long time as I was miss diagnosed by 3 or more drs, I haven't h...
Since june, I have been having low grade fever and sore throat during the days and was wondering about the cause..my cholesterol rose hig...
I am the community leader and wish you all good health. If you have any questions I can give you some advice. mkh9
The flu shot is killed virus and it can boost your immune system. So, it is best to get a flu shot then not. The flu killed many people ...
Are there any pathogens of any sort (virus, bacteria, mycoplasma, fungi, etc) that are known to impact hormonal systems? Adrenal, HPA axi...
Last Thursday I woke up with cold sweats, and noticed a minor rash on the tip of my foreskin. Initially I didn’t think much of it since I...
We're here to help you with your infections and other infectious disease matters like bite wounds and any kind of issue such as boils, ...
More women than men tend to get urinary tract infections especially in menopause. Men and women get more infections when they get older o...
I never go to nail salons and decided to get a mani and pedi with a friend. They proceeded to cut my cuticles on my feet and finger and n...
Can you get serious diseases if the clinic you visited does not follow hygiene protocols and uses the same oral thermometer on all their ...
Top Infectious Diseases Answerers
1415174 tn?1453246703
CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste
Fend off colds and the flu with these disease-fighting foods