Kidney Stones Community
417 Members

Kidney stones in pregnancy?

I recently had a preg urine test before a catscan to see how many stones i had so ee could start treatment for removing them. Ive passed about 4 in the last month. But my test came bk positive so im not able to have surgery now til after i have my baby. 18 months ago w my last pregnancy i suffered from the same problem and had to be on pain meds 6 months of my pregnancy? Am i looking at havjng to be medicated like that again? I am in constant pain w them.
Though in most cases these stones pass on their own but if not then it can result in many complications like initiation of normal labour, risk of urinary tract infection or urosepsis.Treatment in pregnancy varies individual to individual. For pain relief consult your urologist considering what is safe during pregnancy. Bed rest, hydration, analgesia, stent placement, percutaneous nephrostomy are the possible options. The size of stones, position of stones and your general health condition will help in deciding the exact treatment for you. Hope it helps. Take care and good luck!