Men's Health Community

22 with porn induced erectile dysfunction?

The first two times I tried to have sex I couldn't get an erection at all, one time was sober one drunk. Then the next girl was kind of a 3-night stand over a weekend with the only improvement being getting a half-erection and penetrating momentarily before it was too flaccid to go on.

Now, I've met the woman of my dreams, definite soul-mate and drop dead gorgeous...I ended up telling her about my past failures in intercourse and she joked it would happen with us but I was sure it wouldn't because theres a real connection with this girl, unlike the other two. And she's beautiful too, out of my league even...But sure enough the other night it was time and of course I couldn't get an erection...

I managed to get a decent halfer at first when the clothes started coming off and she grabbed around, but then it just wimped out and went away...

I've looked at internet porn since I was 12, now I'm 22, There have been times where the internet porn addiction got kind of bad, but it always mellowed out to calmer more normal routines, but always frequent. Sometimes I'd masturbate daily, multiple times daily, but then other times I'd go for a few days or so without any porn or masturbation.

Either way this girl is really cool and understanding and we talk about it openly with next to no embarrassment on my part anymore, I was going to see a doctor but then we decided it might be porn induced or psychological, and after that night I've written off all porn and I'm not masturbating again for a while.

My question I guess is was this enough for any of you? What was your porn addiction like in level of seriousness/frequency?

I'm hoping just abstaining from any kind of porn or sexual release for a while and only allowing myself to get off with her will work...If not I'll be crazy bummed...but I guess I'd go to a doctor...I'm just hoping porn has Temporarily (hopefully very temporarily) given me this problem and its on its way out very soon.

Any help or anything at all is appreciated, its kind of hard to talk about this stuff openly with your friends or "the dudes" and my girlfriend isn't knowledgeable or experienced in this...
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I think its just desensitization, It used to be just naked girls, then that got old then lesbians and so on, so now a beautiful woman naked on my bed I guess doesn't work despite my desires or intentions.
Please or to view.
you are lucky to have a beautiful woman naked on your bed

no chance of that for me

will she be bothered if you can't get it up long term ?

you could try zinc and maca also l-arginine
Man it sounds a lot like me. I'm 28 though. I typed a couple paragraphs on here for you but it got erased and dont' feel like typing it out again. If you are still interested in what I had to say I'll type it again. How has the porn-abstinence been going? Is it working?
Hi mate,,,,,,,,,,,I'm facing the same issue,,,,,,,,,,,I think we shouls stop watching porn,,,,,,,,,,,It's very dangerous,,,,,,,,,Take care mate<<<<<,,,,,,,,, No other way out,,,,,,,May God help us
Hi mate,,,,,,,,,,,I'm facing the same issue,,,,,,,,,,,I think we should stop watching porn,,,,,,,,,,,It's very dangerous,,,,,,,,,Take care mate<<<<<,,,,,,,,, No other way out,,,,,,,May God help us
Please or to view.
Hi guys,
I've got the exact same problem:
Met a new hot girl, but I can't get it up. I have no problem while using porn. Has anybody made experiences how long it will take to get over that?

(btw: I'm 26 and in good shape, so I'm sure it is the porn why it's not working with a real girl..)
Please or to view.
> Has anybody made experiences how long it will take to get over that?

I think this depends on the individual. We are not all the same. I would say for starters try to abstain for at least one month from both porn and real sex. Well, the second is probably difficult but my suggestion is to try both. Developing some other activities often helps to draw attention and energy elsewhere and, consequently, to achieve abstinence more easily. Don't give up (for the porn part) if you don't see improvement. You probably need more time, which would be not surprising at all. And don't forget: porn can easily ***intoxicate*** human mind.
Please or to view.
Hi guys,

just wanted to let you know I have overcome my problem.
Now after two months the urge of watching porn has mostly gone.
I'm masturbating 2-3 times a week (before I did up to 15 times..)
I'm in good shape, stopped smoking, reduced drinking, and exercise 3 times a week.

I can get a hard on even by just looking at a hot girl in college/ in the mall, and it feels great! And sex with my fu..buddy is great.

Just wanted to let you know: if you are willing to overcome this problem /addiction with porn, you can do it. It's not easy, but it's worth it!
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Any progress with you bummed_out?  Has anyone got anymore success stories, and how they achieved it?

Please or to view.
Thanks for the reply BananaJoe, much appreciated dude! Will post soon with an update.

Cheers

Stellios