Aa
A
A
A
Close
Mood Disorders Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Could ADHD worsen my symptoms?

I did some scrrening test online for adult ADHD and they returned very likely.I will talk to my psychiatrist about this thursday.When i was younger many teachers would write on my test inatentive,i was doing everything to fast at math and always did mistakes on simple calculations.I always had trouble wrting essays,my mind would not work and cause distress,and also when had to read a book.Is it possible that untreated ADHD got me into this mess,and if indeed i do have ADHD and treat it with medication,  will it improve my situation(i will be less anxious in certain conditions because my mind would slow down and think more organised,i would be less agitated,less impulsive,i would procrastinate less,improve my depression)?My original post is reactive depression
1 Responses
1308134 tn?1295191219
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Yes it is quite possible that that is the case. Usually the biggest question is ADHD versus anxiety.... both can impair attention. And sometimes the way we figure out which it is is to try a medication and see what the effect is on attention.
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.