Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

Advice on what to do, who to go too

Please any advice or help is greatly appreciated , I am 42 year old male.
I had a very serious RTA in 1997 which left me with multiple skull fractures, facial bones fracture, right eye hanging out with skull fragments stuck in it, broke my neck in 2 places, crushed my left shoulder. I feel very lucky to be alive and the original surgeons did fantastic work, frontal lobe elevation, 5 cromia plasties on left shoulder( might be spelt wrong), I have had I think 19 operations since then (2 for biopsy for cancer I never had).It has taken the surgeons 17 years to finally listen to me about the numbness and pain in my arms and legs and sharp sock like pain, eventually on September 24th 2014  the did an ACDF on my c5/c6 which I was discharged the day after, although my numbness, sharp pain in arms and legs is gone, I now have the most excruciating pain in the left side of my neck, left shoulder and back of left arm 24/7 and sometimes twitching of the deltoid, biceip and triceip muscles . I have never really taken pain killers as I believe the may solve one problem but give you 5 more and I normally have a very high pain barrier but am taking DF118 now which only numbs it a bit, meeting surgeons tomorrow at my forced request as I cannot take another 17 years of this pain as even worse now, any help advice would be great. one thing that has helped ease the pain in my shoulder which I now rub on my neck and new pain areas is Olbas oil, not a permanent fix but helps during day/night
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease