Neurology Community
45k Members

Advice on what to do, who to go too

Please any advice or help is greatly appreciated , I am 42 year old male.
I had a very serious RTA in 1997 which left me with multiple skull fractures, facial bones fracture, right eye hanging out with skull fragments stuck in it, broke my neck in 2 places, crushed my left shoulder. I feel very lucky to be alive and the original surgeons did fantastic work, frontal lobe elevation, 5 cromia plasties on left shoulder( might be spelt wrong), I have had I think 19 operations since then (2 for biopsy for cancer I never had).It has taken the surgeons 17 years to finally listen to me about the numbness and pain in my arms and legs and sharp sock like pain, eventually on September 24th 2014  the did an ACDF on my c5/c6 which I was discharged the day after, although my numbness, sharp pain in arms and legs is gone, I now have the most excruciating pain in the left side of my neck, left shoulder and back of left arm 24/7 and sometimes twitching of the deltoid, biceip and triceip muscles . I have never really taken pain killers as I believe the may solve one problem but give you 5 more and I normally have a very high pain barrier but am taking DF118 now which only numbs it a bit, meeting surgeons tomorrow at my forced request as I cannot take another 17 years of this pain as even worse now, any help advice would be great. one thing that has helped ease the pain in my shoulder which I now rub on my neck and new pain areas is Olbas oil, not a permanent fix but helps during day/night