A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

At my wits end, please help

Hi all,

I wrote on here a while back about some very strange symptoms that came on when i found out i was pregnant. Light sensitivity, and a drunk/high feeling that would come and go. I then miscarried, and for 3 weeks felt fine. Then one day, i woke up with the drunk feeling constantly, and the light sensitivity, and have been this way for 5 months straight, with no break in symptoms. I saw a gastro in February who found yeast overgrowth in my stool. I thought nothing of it, i didn't even know what it was, until i started researching. He gave me nystatin, and my symptoms never changed. Started researching yeast, and was certain it was causing my issues. I went on a strict diet, and found a doctor who deals with these types of issues seems i read a lot about regular doctors who don't believe in it. She put me on nystatin/diflucan for a month, and i had no relief in symptoms. Things i have tested for:

Thyroid-Fine
Diabetes-Negative
General blood testing- Ok (But few neutrophils that fight bacteria 2 points out of range), overall white blood count within range
CT head scan-Normal
Food allergy testing shows no allergies
Probiotics tried (None make any difference)
Doctor has tried (Metronidazole as it can help fight certain bacteria in the body)- Makes symptoms 10x worse
Nystatin and diflucan make symptoms feel 10x worse
GP a while ago said i had a sinus infection (I don't think she knew what was wrong really, she just went off me saying i had some post nasal drip and my nose runs a bit), so she gave me ceftin- This also made my symptoms feel 10x worse.

So i am not sure if any antibiotic is making me feel worse, or these certain ones irritate whatever i have going on. So i just did the CDSA stool analysis that i heard really helps show up yeast, and what is resistant/sensitive to it. I just got the results, and it shows no yeast present in my stool, and this test took 3 different samples from different days. Now i am completely disheartened because i have no idea why i feel this way, and it is really scaring me. Does anyone know other things that can cause these issues? I will give a quick run down of symptoms.

Constant drunk/high feeling
Light sensitivity (Not so bad outside in natural light, much worse with indoor lighting) It feels like when you first wake up and turn a lamp on, but my eyes never adjust to the light.
Undigested food in stools
Hard pellet stools
Carbs/Sugar/Caffeine make symptoms worse
Random itching over skin but with no rash (Sometimes mild hives are present)
Heavy feeling eyes/Sometimes feel very sleepy after food
Feel at best first thing in the morning
Sneezing sometimes/runny nose
Post nasal drip sometimes
Itchy anus/inside ears/nose
Slight runny nose sometimes
Had chronic constipation before this for 2 months
Had root canal-Had tooth removed, made no difference

I am at my wits end, and i worry i have something really rare and life threatening.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease