Neurology Community
45k Members

Aura? "Silent Migraine"?

I just had an episode with my right eye having a "sunspot" and ripply, prism-like peripheral effects.  I became very light headed and when I looked out of my window, my eye became worse.  I sat up and my right eye lost vision completely.   It went black.  The phone rang and I answered, telling my friend that something was terribly wrong.  I almosy passed out.  I hung up and lay back on my bed and a few minutes later it started to clear and my right eye vision returned. The whole thing lasted about twenty minutes. Very slight headache (which I already had due to sinus allergies) but facial paresthesia and weakness on my right (I already have hemiplegia.)  I have never had an episode like this. It scared me half to death!  My neurologist will be calling me back today to discuss this with me and I am scheduled to see her.  With my history of FMS, ME-CFIDS and CML, we need to rule out everything else but I do have a history of migraine (as does my sister and her daughter) and so I think ot was Aura or "Silent Migraine".  What do you think?
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Wit is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis without detailed examination, but symptom wise this sounds like a case of hemiplegic migraine or a case of transient ischemic attack or mini stroke or TIA as it is called. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.