Neurology Community

Climate

Could living in a tropical climate alleviate symptoms?  I started having symptoms in October 2013.  I went in remission in the spring when it gets warm here in March.  Again, I had symptoms in October 2014.  My diagnosis of SPS was on January 5 with positive GAD antibodies.  My symptoms went away when I went to Cambodia -- a tropical VERY HOT climate.  I was in total remission.

Is it possible that a move to a tropical climate would alleviate symptoms and cause me to have longer remissions?

At the moment I have been unable to tolerate any medication.