Neurology Community
45k Members

Cranial MRI results and concerns

I am a 54yo woman who recently had  a cranial MRI on account of increasing frequency of migraines and persistent headaches for a month.  The Findings were as follows:
The ventricles and CSF spaces are normal for age . Diffusion-weighted imaging is normal. There is no evidence for haemorrhage, demyelination, ischaemia or mass. A few scattered T2 hyperintensities in the supratentorial white matter are non-specific but likely to represent minor microvascular ischaemic change. There is no surface collection. The craniocervical relationships are normal.
Incidental note is made of asymmetric pneumatisation of the anterior clinoids. The orbits and  paranasal sinuses are normal.

Could you please tell me whether I should be concerned about the scattered T2 hyperintensities in the supratentorial white matter and/or the asymmetric pneumatisation of the anterior clinoids?

I have had several DVTs in my calf during my lifetime, none of which could be attributed to any specific cause.  I have normal blood pressure and don't have diabetes.  I don't smoke or drink alcohol. Occasionally my vision blurs, particularly in the morning, but I have put this down to the ageing process.  I wear glasses for reading.

I'd appreciate your views.
Your sinuses are fine...which means they have ruled out sinus infection...but it means that the pain is from elsewhere ( the migraines).
The scattered T2 is normal...it just means that there is air spaces ( for lack of better wording ).
The " incidental note is made...anterior clinoids" means they are looking to see if you may have or may develop an aneurysm.  They sometimes get a false reading if your skull bones/nodules are in the way. If you have larger bones/nodules on your skull it can interfere with proper readings.
Hence the "incidental note" as it is not a diagnosis, but rather a "let's keep an eye on this" statement.

Hope this helps.