Neurology Community

Headache under left eyebrow

iv had this sharp (occasionally excruciating) pain just under my left eyebrow (underneath) it sometimes becomes to much to bear and has kept me up at night.  i believe it to be sinus related as i have a cold as well and recently had the flu.  i am hoping to get an answer as soon as possible, it hurts more when i move and when i bend down.
Hi there!

Headaches can be caused by a variety of reasons often categorized into primary headaches, secondary headaches, and cranial neuralgias. The primary headaches include tension headache, migraine cluster headaches and similar pathologies. Secondary causes can be due to sinusitis eye problems, etc. and the cranial neuralgias that include the trigeminal neuralgias. Without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to differentiate between these or suggest specific management, though this does sound like a sinusitis. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you could try taking some OTC anti-histaminics and Tylenol and see if this seems to help with the symptoms.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!