Is Essential Tremor & Carpal Tunnel the Same Thing?

Is essential tremor and carpal tunnel the same thing?  Or very similar?

I was diagnosed with essential tremor when I was 19 (I'm 28).  I currently do not take medications for it, as its quite mild.  However, over the past few months, I have had symptoms of carpal tunnel, with mild to severe flair ups.  I went to a doctor on the basis of filing an L & I claim and to see what the diagnosis would actually be.  He diagnosed carpal tunnel syndrome but said it was pre-existing because of my essential tremor.  Because of that, the state denied the claim.  I'm confused how as to how they are connected.  I know both deal with nerves but that's basically the extent of my knowledge.

Thanks in advance for the help in reducing my confusion. :)

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community