Neurology Community

Is the Illioinguinal Nerve Cut During Orchiectomy?

I am considering an implantable nerve stimulator for testicle-like pain that has persisted despite an orchiectomy and genital branch of my genitofemoral and perineal branch of my pudendal nerves cut in radical attempts to get my life back.

But am learning stimulators are only for lumbar nerves. I've always assumed that my issues were S1 (sciatica and foot numbness on one side) and S2 and possibly S3 and S4 for the testicular pain. It is my understanding that the only nerve that goes to the lumbar region that can cause this type of pain is the illioinguinal. Is this nerve cut during a non-cancer related orchiectomy?

The urologist that did the orchiectomy is unreachable and I need to know if I still have my left illioinguinal nerve or if it is "routinely" cut during orchiectomy.

Any advice or information will be received gratefully!
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. No, iloinguinal nerve is not cut during an orchiectomy. It can get injured during the operation.
The pain you are suffering could be due to Pudendal nerve entrapment (PNE). Treatment includes physical therapy, medications, steroid injections into the Aclock canal, pulsed radiofrequency, and decompression surgery. Use of ergonomic devices for sitting that remove the pressure off the nerve can be used.
Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.