Neurology Community

Loss of Balance

I have loss of balance problems all the time.  I went to the doctor and he checked my ears, they are OK.  What could be causing my loss of balance?
Hi there.  Various causes of balance loss abnormalities are due to visual, vestibular and somatosensory deficits in the brain like cataracts, glaucoma, acoustic neuroma, spinal cord injury, stroke, brain trauma, multiple sclerosis, parkinson’s or cerebellar ataxia, musculoskeletal problems.
.diagnosis would require a physical therapy diagnosis to assess cognition, cranial and peripheral nerves, muscle strength, posture, reflexes, etc. Treatment would be relevant to the diagnosis of cause. Take care.