Neurology Community

Neurology

I am a 51 year old male who is suffering from a post viral illness for 30 months.  In Aug I had a c2 decompression for occipital neuralgia which was exacerbated by the post viral illness.  Since the surgery I have had debilitating head pressure coming from both temples around to the front of my forehead. The pressure also has a burning sensation to it. I take lyrica 200 mg per day as. Well as hydromorph for pain.  Could this be from the surgery or is this something new?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope post op imaging studies were normal, in which case the symptoms may not be related to the surgery. The symptoms could be side effects of the medications used. Discuss your symptoms with your consulting doctor he may change the dose or the medications.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.