Neurology Community

Neuropathy and Pain

I have suffered with neuropathy and pain in my left leg off and on since my early 20's. This would occur for a couple of weeks and then get better for several months. A couple of years ago, I started to experience the same sensations in my shoulders, neck, arms, sternum, and both legs as well as urinary urgency.This past summer I have had a continuous pain and tingling that has been accompanied by extreme fatigue, migraines and blurry vision. I experience nausea at times as well. I had an MRI recently that showed a small cluster of non-specific T2-hyperintensity in the left frontal corona radiata. Prior studies of my spine have shown some slight degeneration, hemangioma of the T5-T6 areas, and hyperintensity at the C1 level that was thought to be an artifact. I consulted with a neurologist who said the findings on my MRI were incidental and did not show anything. He told me to follow-up with my primary care physician.

I have been treated unsuccessfully for fibromyalgia in the past. When I took Lyrica the tingling was reduced and I was able to sleep, but my liver enzymes became elevated and the doctor took me off of the medication. I tried Savella, but I became nauseated and my heart was racing. There was no reduction in my symptoms.

If this is fibromyalgia, are there any other treatments that can reduce my symptoms other than the ones I have tried? Could this be MS?