Neurology Community

Relating TBI

While at work I was hit in the head with a 10 pound object that fell about 8' and struck me on the right side of my head just above my temple. I had a huge bump and was nauseaus and dizzy about an hour after being struck and did not seek medical attention but I did file a report at work. For the next 13 days I had headaches, issues concentrating, was repeating myself and just not feeling right.
On the 13th day I was really messed up. I had just met a person for the first time that day at work and thought that we had worked together the previous day in an office that I hadn't even worked in for many months. At the time I was sure this craziness was real. I went home and continued to feel unlike I had ever before, confused, unable to think and comprehend. I told my girlfriend that I was not feeling right and needed to go to my basement to take my mind off of things. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I yelled to her "I need Help". Next thing I knew paramedics were standing over me and I was in and out of conciousness for the next 2 days.
When they got results from MRI it showed Bleeding in 3 locations of my brain. One of the locations was noted as the right temporal lobe and said it maybe artifact.......The hit in the head from 13 days prior was over the right temple. How likely is it that the hit in the head from 13 days prior caused me to lose conciousness? Is there a way to prove my second injury was caused from the origional hit in the head?
I ask because I had a workmans comp hearing that said the 2 injuries were unrelated.  

I am so sorry to hear about your injury.  If I were you, related to Worker's Compensation, I would hire an attorney to represent you.

I would still also file a report at your work with the date and time.  I do not think there is any time limit in doing this.

Best of luck and feel better soon...

terri