Neurology Community
45k Members

Right foot and leg pain drug for non-diabetic neuropathy

I have a very complex chronic pain profile. I have Avascular necrosis in both knees and neither of them bend anymore, severe lordosis in my back with hip and back pain but the worse right now is Right foot and below knee pain from a nondiabetic neuropathy.  The leg feels like there is tight barb-wire being wrapped around the knee and ankle with the right feeling numb in a pattern like a large bite had been taken out of then instep. This is ruining an already pain filled life, What drugs work best. The Kadian 50mg in the Am and 80 at HS is just barely taking the edge off.
There is an infrared photo energy therapy that might help your neuropathy, been around for a few years.  The problem with you being on morphine is that you cannot take other medications that cause sleepiness.  With that said, Lyrica can numb nerve pain, but it makes you sleepy, so you'll need to talk to your doc.  Also, an ordinary B vitamin supplement may help your nerves.  In addition, could be your knees are getting so bad that surgical intervention may be necessary now.  And it goes without saying that cushy and supportive shoes and perhaps a back brace of some kind might help your comfort levels.