Neurology Community

Self help

I have demyelination of the spinal cord. Does anyone have any hints on what I can do to help with possible remyelination.

Hi there. Certain demyelinating conditions of the spinal cord are guillain barre and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy, anti MAG peripheral neuropathy, vitamin B12 deficiency including sub acute combined degeneration of the spinal cord and copper deficiency. Bone marrow contains a population of pluripotent cells that can differentiate into various cell lineages including neural cells. They can elicit remyelination when injected directly into the demyelinated cord. You need to discuss these with your neurologist for more insight into the topic and other measures under study. Take care.