Neurology Community
45k Members

Skin sensitive

My left foot started hurting about 3 days ago, as if i had pulled a muscle in the arch of my foot, and then yesterday my right thigh started hurting, the skin is sensitive to the touch, whenever my pants brush up against it or i touch or bump into anything it hurts, i dont have any discoloration in my thigh, no swelling, no bruising, no rash, but it hurts. When it first started hurting the area that hurt was about the size of an orange and now it covers most of the front part of my thigh. I dont know what's going on. I am healthy and young, and i have two healthy kids. I am stressed but who isnt in this economy! My foot is still sore as well, not sure what's going on? Can anyone shed some light?

Also not sure that this has anything to do with my thigh and foot but since i was about 6 months pregnant with my daughter who is now 19 months, i have been getting sharp shooting pains and the base of my neck where my head skull connects, they dont come on a regular basis, kind of sparaticly, but the shooting pains are painful, but usually only last a minute or two and dont happen after that the rest of the day, Sometimes they come every couple weeks, sometimes every couple months, whenever, i havent noticed anything that i do each time that would trigger them? I have an IUD (Mirena) who know maybe that explains it all right there!!! HELP!
Hi, Thank you for your question. Most likely possibility in your case could be Cervical spondylosis or pinched nerve in cervical spine in which pain may be referred and perceived as occurring in the back of head, shoulders, arms or chest, rather than just the neck. Other symptoms may include vertigo, nausea (dizziness). Even then if you suffer continuous headache, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the further underlying disorders by clinically examine you & ordering MRI or CT scan here that may be the main reasons of your headache attacks & other symptoms and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!