Neurology Community
45k Members

Therapy after surgery

My close one had undergone a operation at midbrain (to remove blood clot). Currently he is in the process of recovering. It has been almost a month after his operation.
Now he is able to move his hands(till head) and blink his eyes.

Next I would like to know what kind of therapy he need to undergo for him to get well.
How can I help him (in any way) to make his recovery path a smoother one?
Thank you for your time.
Hello puipui ,

With good rehabilitation  patients have been known to continue to improve .Successful rehabilitation depends on how early rehabilitation begins, the survivor's attitude, the rehabilitation team's skill, the cooperation of family and friends.
Rehabilitation may be  an ongoing process to maintain and refine skills and could involve working with physiotherapy and occupational therapy specialists.As such  the time , to get back to normal activities cannot be predicted.
You should give the patient more attention and care as patients get depressed and psychologically disturbed.
Refer http://heart-disease.health-cares.net/stroke-recovery.php

Best