Neurology Community

Weakened sense of touch after too much alcohol

I have had a pretty bad binge 3 and a half days ago. Woke up 24 hours later with a really bad hang over, but managed to recover over the next 2 days. I have been keeping a good diet and lots of water and sports drinks.

All of the previous symptoms I have suffered like shortness of breath, fast heart rate, fatigue, vomiting are all gone except that I have somewhat weakened sense of touch mostly of my entire face area but also at my left side of the body. I can still somewhat tell there is sensation but it just feels somewhat distant and vague.

I have looked it up and suspect that I simply short on B12 vitamin? But not everything related to B12 deficiency lines up with my situation now.

Also, I have 3 not-so-serious bruises on my right wrist, right jaw and top of my head. Since I can't remember anything that happened when I was drunk, I'm just afraid that I might have had a head concussion instead?

I'm feeling perfectly fine now except this weakened sense of touch, and I even went for a 5km slow jog and felt pretty okay.

Any advice is much appreciated!