Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

looking for some out of the box ideas

My daughter, who is a teenager, developed essential tremor about a year ago. At the same time, she started showing symptoms of reynauld's syndrome, as well as pain in her hands and sometime feet that feel like "broken glass poking into her" .

A few months after that, she developed myoclnus around her mouth and eyes, and she hold her wrists turned out to the side when they are at rest or she is writing.

She also has a lot of pain, sometimes in he neck now too, and every so often she slurs her speech.

she is being followed by a pediatric rhumatologist,a neurologist and an occupational therapist, and has had an eeg, a CT scann, an MRI, x-rays, a huge amount of blood work, a lumbar puncture, and more. They only odd results was elevated levels of a marker for inflammation. They have eve done genetic testing to rule out some rare conditions. and they have ruled out epilepsy, a brain tumor, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, parkinsons, lyme's disease, persistent strep, cervical dystonia, and some rare diseases.

she's been prescribed leitracem ( keppra) and clonazepam.and wears wrist braces to help keep her wrists comfortable if they are hurting, and her doctors are considering offering imunoglobulin treatment

Her doctors are really awesome, and have gone above and beyond in trying to find out what's going on, but they are are stumped. They have even gone as far as to discuss her case with colleagues  at a conference.

I'm wondering if anyone might have any ideas of what this could be?

1 Responses
144586 tn?1284669764
I am reluctant to suggest anything, however I would try DSMO, which is an extraordinary powerful anti-inflammatory. It has to be medical grade and must be diluted. I suggest you research it. I know a physician with advanced rheumatism who takes a small amount diluted orally. I am not qualified to suggest this protocol, however a DSMO challenge will either work almost immediately or it won't. It is not a cure. You have my sympathies.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease