Neurology Community

sole of foot numbness

I had a peroneal tendon repair about 2 years ago on my right foot.  Afterwards I noticed numbness/tingling across the ball of my foot and the pads of my big toe and the next 3 toes.  It's not generally painful, but it feels like I'm walking on course sandpaper all the time and the tingling drives me crazy as I become more aware of it throughout the day.  The orthapoedist said nothing he did affected any nerves.  A podiatrist has pretty much said the same thing (re: peroneal/ankle area should have no effect on where this feeling is.

Anyone have any information or suggestions?  There's absolutely nothing wrong with my left foot, so though I do have hypothyroidism, I don't think that's relevant to this situation.

This discussion is related to Foot Numbness � tingling?.