Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Forum

UNDER JAW DISCOMFORT

HI  
    About 4 weeks ago i it felt like i had enlarged painfull glands under my jaw bone neck area .
This has gone down but has left me with a feeling of discomfort in that same area .
I have been to my GP twice and neither doctor could feel any glands up and said every thing was fine even though i am aware of discomfort and even slight pain ,
I have had a full blood count done and thyroid check all was fine there too .
I still can feel  a lump on each side under my jaw bone and if i lie on one side and press on a certain part of my jaw there is pain , but as i stand up it dissapears
PLEASE HELP.
Any mass or lump in the neck that persists for more than two weeks should be examined more throughly.

I would seek a consutation with an ENT surgeon who is better trained and more acutely aware of the subtle changes in the neck region.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.