Parkinson’s Disease Community
472 Members

Exercising and Tremors

When I exercise, the physiological tremors I have in my arms, legs and head get much worse. Should I not be exercising? What is the protocol for parkinson's and exercising? Anerobic weight lifting gets my head and legs going, as well as swimming.
My client has PD and she is doing PT twice a week. Normally, she doesn't tremor at all, but lately, after PT she does quite severely for a while. But her PD doc wants her as active as possible so the PT continues. She is 76 and starting to really slow down, so the PT is important to just maintain what mobility she has. I think you shoudl just ask your doctor. It is unusual for doctor to ever say "don't exercise". Does the tremoring get better after a bit? I think releasing endorphins has something to do with it.
Liz
Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life