Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community
240 Members

mri scan result

what does...... very large acute central and left paracentral disc extrusion seen at C6-7 level causing indentation on the ventrolateral cord surface and more significant marked impingement of the exiting left C7 nerve root .....mean.i just did a MRI scan and this showed in my report
i have this sharp pain near my below my armpit and numbness in my finger
Hi!
This means that the intervertebral disc has slipped out of its place between C6 and C7 vertebra. The material of the disc has protruded out in the center and in the sides. This has caused pressure on the spinal nerve and the spine itself. This can cause the pain you have.
Generally this is treated conservatively with rest, physiotherapy, traction, NSAIDs, steroid injections, and cervical collars. If symptoms persist, then surgery may be required. Please discuss with your treating doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.