Germaphobia

I am germaphobic in a major way.  My phobia was easing up and I was starting to be able to go into public some anxiety but the panic attacks were under control.  Guess what happened?   I somehow contracted MRSA...now I'm super freaked out, I'm so afraid of what germs are lurking outside my house...I can't get the courage to step out my front door.   I also can't stop disinfecting everything in my house...im afraid of my own germs as well.  Does anyone have advice on how I might be able to stop this?

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sounds a bit like OCD to me.You are never going to be in danger of contracting anything to nasty out in public and if you stay inside all the time then you aren't living.Try and just wipe and disinfect the areas in your house that require that like the kitchen sink,bench and wet areas and don't worry to much about the rest of the house.
Helpful - 0
What's MRSA?
Helpful - 0
MRSA is methicillin resistant staphylococcus serous ...a serious (sometimes fatal) staph infectiom that is resistant to some antibiotics.  if you would like more info just google MRSA
Helpful - 0
Oops..made a typo.. It's staphylococcus aerous
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Phobias Community

Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?