Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community

Period? Spotting? Pregnancy?

Hi, I'm a 16 (nearly 17) year old girl. Recently I had sex with my longtime partner for the first time. The next day I realised I had some brown discharge in my panties. This went on for 5 days and then stopped. Nearer the end of the five days though the discharge looked more of a dark brown/red colour. I don't count the days when my period should be which isn't helping the situation. I'm really worried because I don't want a baby! Not yet anyway, I'm too young! Me and my partner DID use protection but still I'm worried it split during intercourse.
Well I wouldn't worry so much since you used protection, smart girl. I'm of course not am expert but going from what I've experienced I'd say having sex just brought on your period. I've had this happen at least 3 times. And anyways having brown discharge right after intercourse doesn't mean you're pregnant. When pregnant your generally wouldn't have a signs till later.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.