Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community

unusually late period but negative pregnancy test?

Hi! It's my first time posting--hello everyone!
Just have a question that someone might be able to help with...
Ever since I got married I have had a VERY regular 28 day menstrual cycle--never late, never early.
We are trying to get pregnant, and today I am at least five to six days late for my period.
I did a pregnancy test this morning that came up negative.
How reliable is that result since I usually have such a normal cycle?
I don't have any other symptoms besides frequent urination and butterflies in my stomach that could just be from the excitement of the whole situation.
So I guess my question is whether or not it is "worth it" to take another pregnancy test; if so, when; or, what else could even be the cause of such a delay in my usually predictable period?
Thanks for any comments, etc!
Katie L.
hello there,
i would wait a little bit longer then get tested again, a blood test would be more accurate! that way you will know for sure!
when i first got pregnant i went to the dr and got tested every week each of them come back negative then i finally went in for a blood test and found out i was 5 and a half weeks along, a blood test would settle this for sure!
GOOD LUCK!!!
JEN
any kind of stress can delay your period
In september i waas due to start my cycle on 9/11/03 I did not come on until 9/21/03 I thought I had concived also, so yes just wait it could just be cycle change, or stress.
You start menst. about 14 days after ovulation, so if you ovulated late this cycle due to stress sickness or just because, your period would come late.  It could also mean your preggo!
I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear, but my last cycle was 36 days and the one before it was 29, so I kept testing thinking I was, but then AF reared her ugly head!  Anyway, don't keep wasting money on testing- wait a few days before testing again, or as suggested go to the doctor for a blood test.  Take care!
Just putting my two cents in on this issue, because I'm having this problem right now. I'm 34 and have an 11 year old from a previous marraige.  My periods have been every 28 days, literally to the minute.  Now here I sit, nearly a full week late, and I break down to buy one of those HPT's and the thing comes out negative.  I keep feeling like I'm going to get my period and nothing...day after day.  I'll post again with the blood test results, because I'm going in for one tomorrow.  Obviously from the other posts, it can be possible to test negative on an HPT but then positive with a blood test (that's what I'm secretly hoping).  When I took a preg test for my son years ago, I swear the 2nd line showed up even before the urine hit the stick! LOL
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.